WiFi not functioning on Mac OS X Yosemite and Mavericks after update
On different Mac forums and community pages, a large number of Mac users have been seen complaining of Wifi connectivity issues on their Mac devices. While using their Mac devices, MacBook Pro and MacBook Air, Mac users find a message that hits the screen and disallows users to turn or enable wifi from your Mac running on OS X Yosemite or Mavericks and any other Mac OSX, after updating their OS X. In such a case, when Wifi is turned on, users are likely to get a black triangle outline showing WiFi not turning on. Here, Apple Mac WiFi technical support can do wonders.
Sometimes, what happens that your home and office Wifi is not activated on Mac OS X Yosemite and Mavericks but other devices are working very well, then you simply need to try the below steps. These DIY steps come to your help when you don’t want to dial a toll-free Mac OS X support number. These steps include:
- After an update, there can be a problem on PRAM memory and information if it is not updated productively after update from old OS X. Here you need to replace the battery for better power supply as PRAM memory use external battery sometimes.
- If you are using WEP encryption method, then you can’t use 802.11b due to security purpose. It happened due to Apple’s Airport standard hooked up with Wifi or Ethernet. So, verify the compatibility of Extreme card with 802.11g and WPA2.
- It is also likely that iCloud might be crashed and turned off. Here, what you suppose to do is to resolve it.
- It is also probable that the software update settings are corrupted. You better fix it and timely update or restore old OS X.
- You also need to confirm that your devices run through Wifi router and not be updated with latest firmware which can also be a great cause of WiFi not working on Mac OS X. Apple technical customer support service for networking issues can do wonders when you opt for WiFi not working on Mac OS X.
- To bring the best out of your WiFi, you should ensure that the distance between your router and Mac device is not closer than 1 meter and not longer than 50 meters.
- Keep things updated by making a contact with your ISP (internet service provider) and check it for a valid domain name.
- You can also try other browsers, such as Chrome, Mozilla, and Opera if you are getting errors on particular browser surfing or you want wifi on hotspot connection.
- Make sure you easily turn off Wake for network option inside the Energy Saver setting, Apple Menu > System Preference > Energy Saver. It is a great solution for WiFi not working on Mac OS X 10.9.3, OS X 10.9.4, and 2013 iMac.
By keeping these things in mind, you can easily overcome the issue of WiFi not functioning on Mac OS X Yosemite and Mavericks, activated on MackBook Air and MackBook Pro, after update.
External link : https://goo.gl/RzjhpZ | http://bit.ly/2hmfIaK | http://tinyurl.com/y9xz89a9 | http://bit.do/dDLay | http://ow.ly/UyWv30e65Ny