Tips to Troubleshoot online banking issues in QuickBooks
Facing common problems with online banking in QuickBooks is not a new thing. To help QuickBooks users overcome all issues amicably, following tips are given below to get the best ideas and solve issues instantly.
To set up online banking
- Go for the following steps if your financial institution is not listed or you detect no financial institution name during setting up access to your online banking account: Intuit Quickbooks Mac Support
- Click Cancel and reopen the window to refresh the list in case your “Select the financial institution” window is opened.
- Also check if your financial institution supports online banking with the accounting software.
- Check for typos in the name and search for bank’s formal name.
- Use the search field in the Online Banking Assistant.
- Always choose the most recent version of accounting software with QuickBooks > Check for QuickBooks Updates. Intuit Quicken Support
- As QuickBooks updates the list of financial institutions every day, so quit QuickBooks and open it again to have the most updated list.
- If you have no idea where your account is held, contact your financial institution that offers online services representing different geographical areas.
- Customer service can ask you to enter information that isn’t matching in QuickBooks. So, follow instructions on using Direct Connect and Web Connect or the other way around. If you go for the former option, the accounting software demands more data to ensure you direct access to your online banking account by default. In case you go for the latter option, you need to download a file from your financial institution’s website manually.
For using Direct Connect option, use this checklist:
Check your Internet connection, check support to your financial institution, check you use correct username and password, and check if you are using the most recent version of the accounting software.
For using Web Connect option, use this checklist:
First register QuickBooks, set up Web Connect if you are importing a .qbo Web Connect file, select the Online Settings tab, select “Not enabled”, check Edit Account window, create a new bank account, rename the original, existing account, and import the same file.