SMC + PRAM Reset to resolve MacBook USB port issues
Mac users may have encountered the issue of their MacBook USB ports not working or reading properly. They also fail to recognize any USB devices. There are many users of MacBook Pro or Air who have faced such an odd situation and hit the Apple store to find a solution. Thanks to an SMC + PRAM Reset option that matters the most in solving this problem. Yes, you can reset the SMC and the PRAM option to fix this issue in a convenient manner. SMC stands for Resetting the System Management Controller. Technical support for mac
MacBook might not function smoothly if there is a collision on the SMC. If MacBook users experience the following symptoms, they can easily reset the SMC + PRAM to get rid of this odd situation. Have a look at some possible symptoms:
- USB port is not working properly.
- Battery is not charged fully, is not correct, and is draining too fast.
- Fan is not working properly. It offers noise when fan is spinning too fast. It offers overheat when it spins very slowly.
- MagSafe Power Adapter indicator light is not working.
- Screen brightness control is not functioning smoothly.
- HDMI port is not functioning properly.
MacBook users also need to understand that there are two different MacBooks: one with a built-in battery and other with a removable battery. So, users need to go for the right method to resolve the issue. support for macbook pro
Resetting the SMC for a MacBook with removal battery
- The very first step that you need to take is to shut down your Macbook.
- Then, disconnect the Magsafe Power Adapter from your MacBook.
- After this, take the battery away.
- Then, press and hold the power button for 5 seconds and release it after 5 seconds.
- Insert the battery and plug the Magsafe Power Adapter back in.
- Finally, you need to press the power button to start your MacBook.
Resetting the SMC for a Macbook with a built-in battery
- The very first step that you need to take is to shut down your MacBook.
- Then, connect the MagSafe power adapter into your MacBook. Don’t interfere with it, if it is already connected.
- Then, press Shift + Control + Option + Power keys all together.
- After this, release all the keys from the keyboard.
- Finally, it is high time to press the power button in order to start your MacBook.
Resetting the RPAM for all MacBook laptops
- Begin the process by shutting down your MacBook.
- Then, press and hold Option + Command (⌘) + P + R.
- After this, turn on your MacBook while holding the keys discussed in the last step.
- Then, keep holding the keys (Option + Command (⌘) + P + R) in anticipation of your MacBook restarts.
- Then, release the Keys.
- Hear the startup booting sound again to ensure that the PRAM has been reset.
By following the SMC + PRAM Reset option, Mac users can easily resolve MacBook USB port issues.
External link : https://goo.gl/jnkW1S | http://bit.ly/2hmSmle | http://tinyurl.com/y9tlfpm6 | http://bit.do/dDL32 | http://ow.ly/Quzs30e68mw